ARK Taming creatures on the island can be tamed and used for various purposes on ARK Evolved. You can ride tamed animals, use them for item transportation, storage, hunting, harvesting, and defending property while you are offline. If you store items in your tamed creature’s inventory, it will take much longer to spoil than they would in your own inventory. You can use the Survival Evolved Taming Calculator Below to find out exactly what you need.
Survival Evolved Taming Calculator
Learn how to tame first.
- You’ll have to knock out the creature you want to tame. You can do this by using these methods:
- Punch the creature with your bare hands. Basic, yes, and the least effective way to knock out dinosaurs
- Using a Slingshot, Wooden Club, Electric Prod, Bow/ Crossbow/Compound Bow with Tranquilizer Arrows, or Longneck Rifle with Tranquilizer Darts. (Note: Crossbows/Bows/Rifles with Higher damage will result in more Torpor per shot)
- Stinging the creature with a Scorpion
- Head-butting the creature with a Pachy
- Licking the creature with a Beelzebufo
- Every time the animal raises its head to eat, the Taming bar increases. Herbivores will eat Berries when their hunger falls 20 points (30 points for mejo berries) and Advanced Crops when it falls 40 points. Carnivores will eat both Raw Prime Meat and Raw Meat when their hunger falls 50 points. All applicable creatures will eat Kibble when their hunger falls 80 points.
- If a creature’s preferred food is in its inventory, they will wait for their hunger to decrease enough for them to eat it, even if other food is present.
For More information about how to tame, go to the Official ARK Evolved wiki page on ARK Taming. ARK wiki taming section at Gamepedia dives into different ways you can tame dinosaurs in Survival Evolved.
ARK Taming Calculator
ARK Taming Calculator is a great way to get precise schedules for feed for every creature in ARK Survival Evolved.